Sunday, October 16, 2005

Why do I care?

So it's almost 2 am and I've finished the first part of the second section of a paper that is due tomorrow (technically today) at 11:45 pm. Kind of funny, for a computer science class so we get to turn it in online. I think the system works for all the classes, but I'm not to sure my other professors will be using it. Anyway, so I had a moment where I thought I'm not to bad at this research and writing thing. It is possible that I'm not to good at it as the whole thesis exploding has proven. However, I still like the process and think I'm not to bad at it.

Sort of time to realize that being a student is my job. For a long time I thought learning could sort of be something I could do with my life. But you know what? Life is full of learning, but the kind you do in school - if you stick with it - is really more like a job. See every job I've had there are times I enjoy and times I don't. Right now, I don't know. I do care, but I'm not sure why. What I learned from bagging groceries, however, is that if you keep at it you will figure it out.

This time I can't transfer to the Outdoor Garden Center.

No comments: