So I put windows on my mac mini along side the mac os x install. I had planned to use it to play WoW as I'd heard it works much better, but with the patch tomorrow mac gets a cool new feature not on windows (built in game video capturing).
Anyway, well I was setting up windows I thought I'd download and try Eve Online. Works pretty well on my mac mini, which is funny as I just saw news about a mac port that would only work on macs with dedicated video cards.
The opening cinematic was something else. All about the end of the world (at the hands of humans battling, polluting, and other such things we do) and the emergence of space travel for the survival of the species. Fast forward, the Eve worm hole is found and a great beyond is discovered. But wait, the worm hole collapses and civilization is cut off. Now there is a regression and each settled planet has to rediscover space travel.
Current Eve time, or I guess I should say years ago eve time when the game was released you enter as a pilot of a ship of one of the particular race. What really grabbed was the change from 'the future resting on your wings' to now you can go mine or catch pirates. Not that it isn't fun, but it got me thinking about the change from entry cinematic to game starting play (WoW does so to a lesser extent also).
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment