Friday, September 21, 2007

PhD wha?

So because this is "C PhD," i.e. stories of a PhD student in Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media at North Carolina State University I'm thinking these PhD wha? moments might be important. So should the rest connect? At the least I think I'd be granted an enjoyment of football. It's a short college season and games are once a week no big deal right.

But then theres the "What Massively Multiplayer Online Games taught me about Academia" book of imaginary choice. I, by choice and commitment, spend close to as much time in online play as I do with graduate school work. So yeah, sleep can be a close third at times. But what's the connection, that's the key to go back to.

Community - I'm sure this doesn't surprise some.
In the midst of this is where I think things get interesting. I'll pick two aspects, one that T.L. Taylor picks up on, trust and one that she connects to that, but that is also seen more easilty in academia performance.

No comments: